Sunday, March 8, 2009

Horse Apples

I'm not a big fan of the title, but I didn't name it. It comes from one of my MIL's ward cookbooks. It's basically meatballs in a cream sauce. I halved the recipe and there were only 3 meatballs left. It called for evaporated milk, but I just used regular milk. It also said a can of evaporated milk, but not which size, so I assumed the smaller size and it worked. So here is the recipe I used.

2/3 c milk
1 can cream of (whatever - I used mushroom) soup
1 lb ground beef
1 medium potato, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
1/2 c onion, finely chopped

Mix milk and cream soup together until smooth. Mix ground beef, potato, carrot and onion together. shape into balls. Brown in large frying pan, turning meatballs over as needed. Pour soup mixture over meatballs; reheat and serve.
I made my meatballs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. There were plenty for the 4 of us.

No comments: