Monday, October 12, 2009

Pork and potato skillet

I found this on the Better Homes and Gardens website. I get recipes emailed to me. I changed this up a bit. I used carrots out of our garden, and cooked them slightly. I also cooked the potatoes part way then diced them. I think it turned out really well.

Pork and Potato Skillet
  • 2 4-ounce boneless pork loin chops
  • 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
  • 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
  • 3 cups partially cooked potatoes, diced
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup parboiled carrots
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed

Directions

1. Sprinkle both sides of meat evenly with the 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoned salt. In a very large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook chops in hot oil for 3 minutes. Turn chops. Cook for 3 minutes more or until brown. Remove chops from skillet.

2. Carefully add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add onion and sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add potatoes, peas and carrots, thyme, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt; mix well. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.

3. Place chops on top of potato mixture in skillet; cover. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 7 to 9 minutes more or until pork chops are no longer pink and potatoes are brown. Makes 4 servings.

No comments: