Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mexican Chicken casserole

I found this recipe in my MIL's neighborhood cookbook. It was really easy, and delicious. I used shredded cheddar cheese, and I used close to a cup of cheese, because I thought it said 1/2 # oops! I only used 2 chicken breasts, and there was plenty of chicken. I also reduced the amount of salsa to 1 cup, and added 1/2 c of water to make up the difference.

4 chicken breast halves, cut into small pieces
1 Tbsp oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 green pepper (or 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red bell pepper), finely chopped
1 small bag frozen corn (I used 12 oz is that small??)
2 c. mild salsa (or medium)
2 c. cooked rice
1/2 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese (or whatever you like)
1 c. chicken broth

Heat oil; add chicken, onion and pepper. Cook until chicken is done. Add corn, broth and salsa; bring to a boil, then stir in rice and cheese. That's it!

No comments: