Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cream puffs

This recipe comes from my MIL's ward cookbook. It is so easy. You can fill it with pudding, for a dessert, or for a lunch or dinner- tuna or chicken salad.

1/2 c. butter
1 c. boiling water
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs

Add butter to boiling water; stir until butter is melted. Add flour, salt and mix together. Cook stirring vigorously, until smooth and forms a soft ball. Cool mixture slightly (2-3 minutes). Add eggs one at a time. Beat vigorously after each egg. Beat until smooth. Drop onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 F for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 325 F for 25 minutes. Cool, clean out and fill.

I tried to make mine small, but they turned out bigger than I had planned. I made 17. Random I know. I probably makes 12 huge ones, or 18 smaller ones. I filled mine with cookies and cream pudding and banana cream pudding.

No comments: