Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pasta with Sweet Peas

I double this recipe and it's gone quickly. With 16 oz of pasta there are plenty of leftovers. It's really quick. I even cooked up some chicken breasts to go along with it. I sauteed them in the butter and sprinkled the red pepper (I didn't use that much- just a few sprinkles) on them and then added it to the pasta. It would be better with frozen peas, but I had canned, so I used them. This isn't my picture, and those aren't farfalle pasta noodles.

Pasta with Sweet Peas
  • 4 ounces farfalle pasta (bowtie noodles)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
  • 1/4 cup canned green peas
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
  1. In a small pot cook farfalle pasta with the 2 cups of water. Add chicken bouillon and boil until water has reduced.
  2. Stir in butter and peas. Add red pepper flakes, if desired.
  3. Serve with sprinkled parsley on top.

No comments: