Friday, October 24, 2008

Mostaccoli Mosta

I've made this before but I think it was before I started this blog. It's pretty easy and fast. The only changes are that I had 2 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce, I used only 12 oz of penne pasta, and not as much butter or mozzarella cheese. I just put it in a 9x13 baking dish before I put it in the oven.

Mostaccoli Mosta
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli pasta
  • 2 teaspoons butter, softened
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

  1. In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until done. Drain. Add tomato sauce, olives, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and oregano. Simmer 15 minutes.
  2. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain.
  3. Please mostaccioli in a shallow, 3 quart baking dish. Toss with butter or margarine. Pour meat sauce over, and top with shredded mozzarella.
  4. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts.

No comments: