Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cake mix cookies

I got this from one of my MIL's ward cookbooks. The recipe was submitted by several ladies. It was so fast and easy, and they were yummy. They suggested using Devil's Food Cake to make Oreo cookies. I used German chocolate and was glad I only did half the frosting. There was still plenty of frosting left after I made these. The best compliment was when Aaron saw me put two in David's lunch and said he was sad that I bought Oreo Caksters and didn't leave any for him. I laughed and said "I made these, and the rest are in the fridge."

1 cake mix
1/3 c oil
2 eggs
Mix all together. Roll into small balls and put on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes. Take out when cookies crackle on top.
Devil's food and frosting make Oreos; add 1 bag of any kind of baking chips (chocolate butterscotch, peanut butter, M&M's, vanilla etc.) Or use a white or yellow mix and roll balls in cinnamon sugar for snickerdoodles. Be creative.

Frosting:
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 cube margarine or butter
3/4 bag ( 2 lb I think) powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla.

Mix all together. Make sure cookies are cool before frosting them.

PS can you tell which ones Timothy frosted?

No comments: