Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tony's Summer Pasta

I found this recipe a while ago, but made it again recently with the kitchen too hot for baking. I didn't use quite as much cheese as it called for. The garlic flavor was strong, but David still ate it. I didn't use quite so much olive oil. I didn't have fresh tomatoes, so canned was an ok substitute. I also reduced it to make dinner for 4 rather than 6. I was impressed that I actually had linguini in the pantry! And fresh basil is so nice to have!

Tony's Summer Pasta
  • 1 (16 ounce) package linguini pasta
  • 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • ground black pepper to taste
  1. Combine tomatoes, cheese, basil, garlic, olive oil, garlic salt, and black pepper in medium bowl. Set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
  3. Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with tomato mixture. Serve.

No comments: