Monday, May 10, 2010

Brown Sugar cake

I got this recipe from one of the recipe blogs I follow. It was very simple, easy, and delicious. For more details check out her blog.

Brown Sugar Cake



2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup sour milk (add 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice to the milk)
1 teaspoon baking soda

Cut together (like pie dough) brown sugar, butter, flour and salt. Set aside one cup of the mixture. To the rest of the mixture add egg, milk and soda. Spread in a 10x15 pan. Sprinkle rest of crumbs on top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serve with crushed strawberries and whip cream.

The blogger recommended serving it with vanilla ice cream, which would have been wonderful, but we didn't have any, and I had some whipping cream on hand. Too bad I ran out of strawberries after last night. Leftovers will have to be sans strawberries :(

I used a 9x13 pan. It worked, but the middle was a little underdone even after 35 minutes, so I would recommend using the right size pan.

No comments: