Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Farfalle Special

I made this a while ago, but never posted it. I made a lot of substitutions because I needed to use ingredients I had on hand, but I think it would taste great as written. I just used milk instead of cream, I used Parmesan Cheese in stead of Roquefort and some egg noodles and rotini since I didn't have farfalle. I also only used about 16 ounces, but that was a lot of pasta.

Farfalle Special

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 slices bacon
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pinch black pepper
  • 2 ounces Roquefort cheese
  • 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 18 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon and onion in the butter for 7 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in the heavy cream, salt, pepper, Roquefort cheese and tomato sauce; cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour over cooked farfalle pasta and serve.

No comments: