Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Cake

I made this for the ward Christmas Party. Someone asked for the recipe and I realized I haven't made it since I started this blog. I got the recipe from Connie H* when I worked at Beehive Clothing. I've seen many versions of this recipe, but this is the one I like. I did change a few things though.

1 white cake mix (set aside 1 cup for the topping)
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1 egg
1 large (29 oz) can pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
2 beaten eggs
1/3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. milk
1 c. white sugar

For topping :
reserved 1 cup cake mix
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. cold butter or margarine
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together cake mix and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg and mix well. Press into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.

In a large bowl combine pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, eggs, brown sugar, milk and white sugar. Pour over crust in pan.

In a medium bowl mix one cup of reserved cake mix with sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.

Bake for 45 minutes at 375 F. Cool for at least 2 hours. Top with whipping cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments: