Friday, January 14, 2011

Oatmeal cookies with add-ins

I wanted to make some cookies for a friend's birthday. I've had this recipe for years and have never tried it. I think I got it from a newspaper, but I can't remember which one, or maybe it was a news program - I can't remember. There are so many different way to make these. Today I chose white chocolate chips and crasins. So good!

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. softened butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 c. rolled oats

Add-ins - pick one or two
1 c. shredded coconut
1 c. crasins
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. pecan gems
1/2 c. macademia nuts
1/2 c. cashews
1/2 c. dried apricots

I didn't write down directions, but I imagine this would work:

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until mixed well. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients just until combined.
Drop by rounded tablespoons on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments: