Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sweet Pork

I found this recipe on Jamie's recipe blog. I've been wanting to try it for some time, and I finally did. It it really good. It makes a ton, so we have plenty of leftovers, and I can even use it in a salad later, if there's still some left. It was really easy. The only change I made was that I used one 8 oz can of tomato sauce in place of 1 cup of salsa - I didn't have enough salsa and I was worried about it being too spicy for the kids. I think the spice level probably would have been fine, so either way it is great!

Sweet Pork
Yield: 8 servings
  • 1 3 lb pork loin roast (be sure the roast is completely thawed)
  • 1 16 oz jar Salsa (2 C salsa)
  • 1 can green chilies
  • ½ C brown sugar
  • 1 can black beans, undrained
  • Tortillas
  • Cheese
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato

1. In the bottom of a large crock pot mix salsa, green chilies, brown sugar, and black beans.

2. Add the pork roast and cook on high for 4 hours.
3. Take the meat out of the Crockpot and shred it up with a fork.
4. Return meat to the Crockpot and cook 1 more hour.
5. Serve on tortillas with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.

No comments: