Thursday, March 3, 2011

Herbed Pork Roast

I had defrosted a pork loin to make this fabulous meal, but then realized I didn't have any beans. So I went in search of another recipe. I found this one on Allrecipes.com. I didn't have a 5 lb roast - it was just under 3 lbs. I still used about the same amount of rub. It was so good and moist. Although I put it in a baking dish and covered it with foil while it sat in the fridge, and then I didn't take the foil off. I wish I had made potatoes to go with it because there were some great drippings to make a gravy. Because my roast was smaller It didn't need 2 1/2 hours to cook I baked it at 350 for 1 hr and 45 minutes. So delicious! Some reviewers suggested adding garlic to the rub. It would have been good, but I think it was great as is.

Herbed Pork Roast

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
  • 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 (5 pound) boneless pork loin roast

Directions

  1. Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
  2. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160-170 degrees. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Refrigerate or freeze remaining pork (may be frozen for up to 3 months).

No comments: