Saturday, March 1, 2008

Potato Supreme

This is my MIL's version of funeral potatoes. Very yummy, and we all love it. I'm sure I've made it in the last year, but haven't posted it for some reason. You can also reduce the amount and use it as a side dish.


4-6 medium potatoes, boiled, then skinned, and sliced very thin
1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
4 Tbsp butter
1 pint sour cream
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c. onions, chopped (I use green onions)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cook potatoes, slice, and set aside - it is important not to over cook, or they will be difficult to slice. I use a hand held slicer (it's one side of my rectangular cheese grater).
Mix together remaining ingredients. Then mix gently with the potatoes and spread into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.

No comments: