Friday, July 17, 2009

ChocolateTruffle Cake

We are having a BBQ with some friends tonight. I was asked to bring the dessert. I finally decided to make this cake. It looks really yummy. I hope it tastes good too! The recipe came from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I didn't have any pecans, so I used walnut, and I didn't toast them - it's already too hot for the oven. And I used semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 2/3 cups).

1 c. pecans, toasted and coarsely ground
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. butter melted
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 8 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate, cut up
1 c. whipping cream
6 beaten eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. all purpose flour
Whipped cream (optional)

For crust, combine pecans, cracker crumbs, melted butter and the 2 Tbsp sugar. Press onto bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside
In a large saucepan cook and stir chocolate and whipping cream, over low heat till the chocolate melts. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl (I left it in the pan). Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, the 3/4 c sugar and flour; beat 10 minutes, or till thick and lemon colored. Fold one-fourth of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture; fold chocolate mixture into remaining egg mixture. Pour into crust-lined pan.
Bake cake at 325 F for about 45 minutes or till puffed around edge and halfway to center (the center will be slightly soft). Cool in pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Remove sides of pan. cool for 4 hours. If desires, serve with whipped cream. Cover any leftovers and store in the refrigerator.

No comments: