Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Parmesan Pork Tenderloin

Since we received some great zucchini from my sister Becca, I had to find some great zucchini recipes. I liked this one. I used some boneless pork loin chops, I flattened them a bit, but they were still pretty thick, so I cooked them a little longer than in the directions. I also didn't have a red bell pepper, but I did have some frozen pepper strips, they worked fine. I thought it tasted great, and it was pretty easy too. Although if you really had 12 pieces of pork I think you might need more coating.

Parmesan Pork Tenderloin
  • 1 pound pork tenderloin
  • 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 small zucchini or summer squash, thinly sliced

  1. Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 slices, approximately 3/4-inch thick. Place each slice on its cut surface and flatten with heel of hand to 1/2-inch thickness. Combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; dredge pork slices to coat.
  2. Heat oil over medium-high heat in nonstick pan. Saute pork for 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove and keep warm. Add onion, garlic and zucchini or squash to skillet and saute 5 minutes or until tender.

No comments: