Monday, May 14, 2007

Corny Mexican Salad

I made this a few days ago, and it was delicious. I didn't have Mexicorn, but I did have a can of corn and some chopped sweet red pepper. I also didn't use as much oil as it called for, it's a little healthier, and I don't have a lot of oil left. Why buy a new one when we are leaving in 10 days?!!!
Corny Mexican Salad
INGREDIENTS
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomato, avocado and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and hot pepper sauce; pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.

No comments: