Thursday, May 3, 2007

Microwave Monkey bread

We made this for an easy FHE treat on Monday. Aaron said he got the recipe from a 4-H microwave class.

Monkey bread
1/3 c. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. margarine
1 Tbsp. water
1 can refrigerated biscuit dough

Mix the 1st 3 ingredients in a glass pie pan. Microwave it on high for 1 minute. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Coat the pieces with the melted topping. Put a microwave safe cup in the middle (it makes a makeshift bundt pan). Microwave on high for 2-2 ½ minutes. Invert onto a large plate and serve.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I did a web search for 4-H microwave monkey bread and found your site. You have no idea how happy this made me. I took this course as a young teenager in Idaho (late 1980's). The monkey bread won a blue ribbon at the county fair--which I still find hard to believe. I have been trying to track the recipe down for years. Thanks for posting it. Now I'm off to make it....

Emma said...

I'm glad you found it.