Saturday, November 15, 2008

Balsamic Bruschetta

I made this for Gourmet Girls (our Enrichment cooking group) on Thursday. As usual I changed a few things. I brushed olive oil on the bread before I broiled it in the oven. I also used grated Parmesan (instead of shredded), and topped it with mozzarella and broiled it again until the cheese was melted.

Balsamic Bruschetta
  • 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Serve on toasted bread slices.

No comments: