Friday, January 6, 2012

Mustard sauce

I got this recipe from a good friend Jeanine, in Utah.  We always have it with our ham.  I have asked her for it several times, so I finally decided to put it on the blog so I wouldn't lose it again.  This is her story about the recipe: "My grandmother always made this to go with ham, and I’m pretty sure all my siblings and cousins make it. I think she got it from her mother-in-law, an immigrant from Sweden." 

Mustard Sauce
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
Salt
Heaping teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ cup vinegar
½ cup water
Add sugar to beaten eggs. Add water to dry ingredients then beat. Add vinegar and beat. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
I mix this sauce with mayonnaise for potato salad and it’s yummy. We also put it on sandwiches. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: