Friday, September 21, 2007

Angel Hair with Garlic Spinach and White Beans

I had to use up the rest of the spinach thus this recipe. I didn't have enough spinach, but it still turned out great. David enough liked it and wanted leftovers today! I used great northern beans. (1 cup dried then soaked, cooked etc.) and the recipe reflects my reduction in the broth. I only used 5 cloves of garlic because I ran out. I wanted to use angel hair pasta, but I didn't have any.

Angel Hair with Garlic Spinach and White Beans

1 tsp. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
5 c. chopped fresh spinach
1 can cannellini bean, drained and rinsed
1 c chicken broth
8 ounces angel hair pasta
Parmesan cheese

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, spray with cooking spray, toss, set aside.
  2. Heat olive oil in large non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
  3. Add garlic, cook until lightly browned.
  4. Add spinach and beans, cook 3 minutes
  5. Add broth and bring to a boil.
  6. Reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes.
  7. Add cooked pasta, cook2 more minutes, stirring often.
  8. Let stand a few minutes before serving
  9. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: