Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sweet 'n Sour Pork

This is similar to the recipe a usually make, with the exception of the batter. I don't normally put a batter on the pork. I used less pork than called for and thus halved the batter. And I didn't deep fry, just pan fry. I changed the directions to fit how I make it.

2 lbs lean pork, cubed
2 eggs
1/2 c. corn starch
1/2 c. flour
1/2 chicken broth
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained, 1 cup juice reserved
1/4 brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. vinegar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 med. green pepper, cut into chunks
1 med. onion, cut into chunks
cooked rice

Seat aside pork. Mix next 4 ingredients and dip meat in batter. Deep fry until brown. Keep pork in oven when cooked (I pan fried while the rest cooked).
Mix together juice from pineapple, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce. Stir fry onion and green pepper for 3 minutes. Add pineapple then sauce. Cook until vegetables are tender, and sauce is thick and bubbly. Add meat just before serving. Serve over warm rice.

No comments: