Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Crockpot Italian Chicken

I can't believe I haven't posted this one yet. I thought I'd made this in that last 8 months. I first got the recipe from my MIL's ward cookbook. I have since seen it (and variations) elsewhere. It is really simple and fast if you think ahead. I halve the recipe, which is easy except for the half packet. I've also included my changes within the directions.

4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
2 10.5 oz cans cream of chicken soup
1 packet Italian dressing mix

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot (I cut into smaller chunks so it cooks faster and thoroughly). pour soup over top. Cut cream cheese into small pieces and scatter over top. Sprinkle dressing packet over top. Cook on high for 45 minutes, stir, then on low for 6-7 hours (or on medium for 3-4 hours). Serve over hot rice or hot cooked noodles.

No comments: