Sunday, November 4, 2007

Stovetop Chicken

I got this recipe from an enrichment back at Wymount. Vanessa C* brought this recipe.

1 6oz box stuffing
4-5 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 c. sour cream
1 2/3 c. hot water (or chicken broth)

Mix hot water and stuffing in a bowl. Set aside. Place chicken breast in a 9x13 pan. mix sour cream and soup together in a bowl. Pour over the chicken. Fluff the stuffing with a fork and then distribute evenly over the tip of the soup mixture. Bake in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Note: You can use as few as 1 chicken breast (I use 2 for my family of 4), cut into bite sized pieces. Also chicken cooks better (faster) if it is in either strips of pieces, but baking whole works well too, just takes longer.
I also add veggies to the stuffing mix. 1/2 c. chopped celery, 1/2 c. chopped onion and a couple of mushrooms if I have them. Saute in 1-2 Tbsp butter or margarine then add water. Bring to a boil cover for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in stuffing mix. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. (These instructions are usually on the box under "stovetop directions".
Also I didn't have a cream of chicken soup last night, but I did have cream of mushroom and it worked just fine. Sorry I didn't take a picture.

No comments: