Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tomato Basil Pasta

This was quick and easy and I made a few changes (recipe reflects my version - original is in the link). I didn't have enough tomatoes and it would have been better with more. I sauteed the onions because I was worried the kids wouldn't eat it if it was too strong. Timothy didn't eat much. David liked it but didn't want the onions or the feta (he thought that was what made it spicy). Aaron and I loved it. My fresh basil is pretty much dead so I added some dried basil too. I reduced the onion, oil and feta cheese and used 12 oz instead of 10 oz because I had a 12 oz box - why not?

Tomato Basil Pasta

  • 12 ounces dry rotini pasta
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cups diced tomatoes
  • 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Saute onion in a little olive oil.
  3. Combine olive oil, garlic, onion, tomatoes and basil; let sit at room temperature.
  4. Toss warm pasta with Parmesan and feta. Stir in tomato mixture and sprinkle on salt and pepper. You can add more Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments: