Friday, November 9, 2007

Tex-Mex Rotelle

I found this on the back of the rotelle pasta package. It was good with a few modifications. It called for 1/2 tsp. salt (I thought it had enough sodium already so I didn't add it) and 1/2 c. water (but I thought it would have been too juicy so omitted that as well) Quick and easy!

1 (16 oz) pkg. rotelle
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 pkg. (1.25 oz) taco seasoning
1 28 oz. can diced, peeled tomatoes in juice
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Cook rotelle according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown meat until most of the pink is gone, breaking it into small pieces. Stir in taco seasoning, and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and place in large bowl, Add sauce to coat. Sprinkle cheese over each serving.

I just added the cheese to the whole dish and mixed it in until it melted. Lots of leftovers! Oh and I didn't have a full pkg of rotelle, so I did some farfalle (bowtie) pasta as well.

No comments: