Monday, January 14, 2008

Skillet Barbecue Pork Chops

This also comes from my new Betty Crocker Cookbook. I didn't have tomato sauce with onion, celery and green bell peppers, so I chopped up some of my own, sauteed them and added 16 oz of tomato sauce and the remaining ingredients and then added it to the chicken. I thought the sauce was pretty good.

4 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (about 1 1/4 lbs)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 can (15 oz) chunky tomato sauce with onions, celery and green bell peppers
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground mustard

Spray 12-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Cook pork in skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
Stir remaining ingredients into skillet. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is slightly pink when cut near bone.

I forgot to cover it so it took longer, and it wasn't as tender as I expected. I kept wondering why it didn't say to cover it, well I missed that part - oops! So to cook fast and to make it tender, follow the directions and cover the skillet!

No comments: