Sunday, February 24, 2008

Basic Crepes

For Valentine's Day I made these (yes I realize that was over a week ago). We all enjoyed them. This recipe came from my Wymount ward, but I can't remember who gave it to me. This batter can be used immediately or let batter stand 1-2 hours - that will produce slightly more tender crepe. Refrigerate batter for up to 3 days.

1 c. flour
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

Place ingredients in blender container in order given. Blend 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down sides. Blend 30-60 seconds until smooth. Or mix in bowl with wire whisk, or mixer. First combing flour and eggs, adding liquid gradually. Beat until smooth. Add other ingredients. makes 16 crepes. Measure flour and liquid carefully - consistency is important - about like heavy cream.
* My notes. If you have a crepe maker use it. I don't, so I use a small skillet, and cook them one at a time. I try to use a larger skillet, but then they don't cook evenly, or are shaped funny.

1 comment:

Becca Bel said...

Guess what I made these and the corn bread and a lasagna last week too. weird uh!