Sunday, February 24, 2008

corn muffins

This recipe is from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I think I've used it before, but I haven't posted it, and we made it again last week sometime. The Jiffy muffin mixes don't feed our family anymore, and I can't find them for 4 for $1 anymore either. I think my kids just like the honey butter I make to serve with it.

1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. cornmeal
2 to 4 Tbsp. sugar (adjust to your preference)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1 c. milk
1/4 c. cooking oil or shortening, melted

Grease muffin tins, or line tins with baking cups; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.
in another bowl combine eggs, milk, and cooking oil or melted shortening. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir until just moistened.
Spoon batter into prepared tins, filling 2/3 full. Bake in 425 F oven for 12-15 minutes or until brown.

No comments: