Friday, February 15, 2008

One Dish Vegetarian Dinner

I made this because I opened a can of olives and then discovered I already has some in the fridge. So olives had to be a major ingredient. This needed a lot of extras. I added a little bit of cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. I tried leftovers with feta cheese - yum! I used about 1/2 cup of olive oil, and after I cooked the pasta, I tossed it with the garlic infused oil in the pan for a few minutes. It was really quick and easy. Also, I only had 8 oz of penne pasta, so I used some shell pasta too. Sorry no picture.

One Dish Vegetarian Dinner

  • 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 large head fresh broccoli, blanched
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
  1. Cook pasta in large pot with boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
  2. In a medium skillet over medium heat cook garlic in olive oil, being careful not to allow garlic to burn.
  3. In a large bowl add the cooked broccoli, cooked and drained pasta, and black olives.
  4. To serve, pour garlic oil over pasta and vegetables. Serve warm.

No comments: