Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ham Bone Soup

I found this recipe to use up our leftover ham bone from Easter- yah, I'm a little behind in posting things. I didn't have a green pepper, instead I put in a bag of frozen veggies. I also didn't use that much bouillon, only 4 I think. I thought it was really good.

Ham Bone Soup
  • 1 ham bone with some meat
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans
  • 3 potatoes, cubed
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
  • 4 cups water
  • 6 cubes chicken bouillon

  1. Place the ham bone, onion, tomatoes, kidney beans, potatoes, and green pepper into a 3 quart or larger slow cooker. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in water, and pour into the slow cooker.
  2. Cover, and cook on High until warm. Reduce heat to Low, and continue to cook for 5 to 6 hours

No comments: