Wednesday, May 6, 2009

poppy seed muffins

I know I've made these before, so I don't know why I haven't posted the recipe. It's from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. I added the almond extract.

1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. poppy seed
1 beaten egg
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. cooking oil
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Grease twelve 2 1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper baking cups; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of dry mixture; set aside.
In another mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add egg mixture to dry mixture. Stir till just moistened.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each one 2/3 full. Bake in oven 400 F for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm. Makes 10 to 12.

1 comment:

Dreamer said...

We love muffins around here! I need to try these. Now just to remember to put almond extract on my shopping list...