Thursday, July 19, 2007

Chickpea Salad

I based yesterday's dinner around this salad. It sounded so good. I think it could have used a little more salt. I followed the recipe pretty closely, but used a chopped roma tomato instead and I used 1 c. of dried chickpeas (soaked and cooked) so I think that's more than on 15 oz can, but I don't know. It went really well with the Greek Chicken and the Garlic Parmesan Orzo.
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley flakes, dried basil, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season to taste with salt. Toss until well combined, and adjust seasoning as needed. Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving. Serve chilled.

No comments: