Monday, July 2, 2007

Italian Baked Chicken

I used chicken tenders because that's what I had. So I didn't need to cook them as long. I didn't need as much bread mixture either and used only 2 eggs. The flax seed meal adds a nutty flavor. If you don't have flax seed it will have a slightly different flavor, but it will be fine. You have to grind the flax seed jut before you use it, otherwise the flavor gets a little bitter. And I also had Parmesan cheese instead of Romano cheese. And I had regular bread crumbs so I added a little parsley, oregano, and basil (all dried of course) and garlic salt. If I had onion powder I would have used that too. Oh, and I just sprayed the pan with non-stick cooking spray instead of using the butter. Wow, I really didn't follow this recipe much did I???



Italian Baked Chicken

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup flax seed meal
  • 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a medium baking dish with the butter.
  2. In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, flax seed, Romano cheese, and parsley. Place the beaten eggs and flour in 2 separate shallow bowls. Dredge chicken in the flour, dip in eggs, and press into the bread crumb mixture to coat. Arrange coated chicken in the prepared baking dish.
  3. Cover, and bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear. Turn on the oven broiler. Remove cover, and broil chicken 5 minutes, until coating is lightly browned.

No comments: