Friday, July 13, 2007

Cold Tuna Macaroni Salad

I made this tonight and the kids loved it. After a while they picked out the celery and tomatoes. I only used two stalks of celery and one tomato (it's all I had or I would have used more). Oh and I just chopped it. I didn't need to peel or seed it. I also used less mayo (but it was light). It needed some salt though and about 2 Tbsp. Italian dressing.

Cold Tuna Macaroni Salad

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni
  • 3 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 (12 ounce) can tuna
  • 1 1/2 cups light mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon Italian-style salad dressing
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, celery and tuna.
  3. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, salad dressing, sugar and pepper. Add to pasta salad, mix together, and refrigerate for 1 hour.

No comments: