Thursday, July 19, 2007

Garlic Parmesan Orzo

This was a very easy and delicious side dish. The only change I made was to slightly decrease the amount I used. I had 1 1/2 c. of Orzo so I scaled most things back accordingly. I used 1 tsp. dried parsley and still used 1/4 c milk and 1/4 tsp. pepper. It went well with the other dishes I made yesterday.

Garlic Parmesan Orzo

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
  • 3 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

DIRECTIONS

  1. Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the orzo, Parmesan cheese milk, parsley salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.

No comments: