Thursday, July 5, 2007

Orzo and Rice

This was really simple and easy to add to. It's like a homemade rice-a-roni! I added a little more chicken bouillon and some chopped onion and parsley. I sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on top after it was served. It went well with some grilled chicken (marinated in Italian dressing). I ate the leftovers for lunch today!

I hadn't bought orzo pasta before because every where I found it was too expensive. But I found it for $1 for 16 oz. which isn't too bad. Not as cheap as other pastas, but still good.

Orzo and Rice

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
  • 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
  • 1 cube chicken bouillon
  • 2 cups water

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add orzo and brown until golden.
  2. Add rice, bouillon, and water; bring to a boil, cover and lower heat to medium-low.
  3. Simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed; serve.

No comments: