Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Greek Chicken

This recipe comes from recipezaar.com I don't use it quite as often, but it does have a lot more ethic and international recipes on it. So when I had a Greek salad prepared I looked for a Greek main dish with ingredients I had on hand. I didn't marinated it that long and it was still good. Probably better if I had done it longer. I didn't have a fresh lemon so 3 Tbsp of lemon juice was fine. I also used chicken thighs and drumsticks instead of breasts. And 2 cloves of garlic. I don't have a rack for a roasting pan or a broiling pan, so I put aluminum foil on a small cookie sheet and it worked fine.

Greek Chicken

4 chicken breasts
2 lemons, the juice of
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper

  1. Place chicken in shallow pan.
  2. Combine other ingredients and pour over chicken.
  3. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to overnight.
  4. Place the chicken on a broiler pan, or on a rack in a baking pan in a 450 degree oven.
  5. cook for 35 minutes (or until done)

No comments: