Wednesday, August 1, 2007

banana bread

This is a great simple recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I made it this morning with the boys, because I had ripe bananas and I felt like it.

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. oil
1 c. mashed banana (about 3 medium)
1/2 c. nuts (optional)

Mix the first five ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, make a well in the center and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl beat together remaining ingredients, except for nuts. Pour egg mixture all at once into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed, may be lumpy. Fold in nuts, if desired. Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.
I put it into 4 mini loaves and baked for 35 minutes. I forgot to take a picture until I was typing this up so there were only 2 loaves left. Ha Ha!!


No comments: