Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lemon Butter Seasoned Vegetables

This was very quick and easy. And very tasty. I little too much lemon so the recipe show what I would try next time. I also reduced the butter from 6 to 4 Tbsp. And I cooked the vegetables separately.

Lemon Butter Seasoned Vegetables

INGREDIENTS

  • 6 potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
  • 1/2 pound carrots, quartered and cut into 2-inch long pieces
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place potatoes and carrots in a steamer over boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. (I would do it separately - the potatoes cook faster.)
  2. To the melted butter add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Pour over potatoes and carrots and toss.

No comments: