Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce

I used some more of my fresh basil for this one. So yummy! I used whole wheat rotini instead of the penne, and canned tomatoes (14.5 oz) in place of the fresh romas (I didn't have that many) the dressing was also fat-free. It turned out great even with the substitutions I made. Some people recommended adding minced garlic. I didn't, but that would have been a nice touch.

Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
  • 8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup Italian dressing
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the penne pasta in the pot, cook 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
  2. In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the tomatoes, Italian dressing, basil, red onion, and Parmesan cheese.

No comments: