Thursday, August 23, 2007

Chicken Rolls

This a favorite recipe of mine. From my MIL once again, so I made it when family came over for dinner on Sunday. Jen loves to use left-over turkey in this recipe and it works really well. I use a basic roll recipe and then put the mixture inside after it has risen. It will fill about half of the rolls and the rest of the dough can be used for regular rolls.

2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
6 oz cream cheese with chives, softened (I add in my own chives instead of buying it with the chives already in it)
1/4 c. butter, softened
4 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. pepper.

Mix all ingredients together and place *into roll dough. Place on a greased baking sheet. Let rise 30 - 40 minutes and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

*I will flatten out the roll into a circle, put the filling in the middle and bring up the sides and pinch together, so nothing leaks out the sides. Oh, and don't put them side by side, they don't need to be touching, like rolls usually are- I forgot on Sunday, and the filling came out the sides of some when I pulled them apart - oops.

You can also make a sauce for them by taking 1 c. chicken broth and thickening it will cornstarch in a small sauce pan.

I've been bad about taking pictures. I'll have to remember next time I make them!

No comments: