Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Best Spanish Rice

This recipe is so easy and usually turns out perfect. Not last night though, I don't know what happened, but it was a little crunchy. I think I didn't read the clock right and turned it off too soon. But we love is and it's easy. We ate it with Audrey K.'s Tortilla soup. I'll post that too.

Best Spanish Rice from Allrecipes.com
Submitted by Angie
INGREDIENTS
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup chunky salsa
DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Mix rice into skillet, stirring often. When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
The picture is from the website, not from my home.

No comments: