Friday, March 30, 2007

pork chops

I originally got this recipe from the Joy of Cooking. But I have once again tweaked it to my liking. We had this some time last week but didn't post it. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make as much or as little as your want. You just have to have the right size pan. With the four of us I usually make four pork chops, unless I want leftovers. My boys love this and will each eat a whole chop. Actually Timothy will eat more than David.

Here's what you need:
butter/margarine
olive oil
pork chops (center cut are yummy, but it works with loin cut as well)
salt
pepper
Worcestershire sauce

I start by rinsing the gunk of the chops (if there is any) and then sprinkling salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce on both sides of the pork chops. Then I heat up a skillet with about 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and 1 Tbsp. of butter over medium-high heat (okay I use a little less). Then I put the chops in and brown one side (2 minutes or so) and flip them and brown the other side (again for about two minutes) then I put a lid on the skillet and turn down the heat to medium-low. Depending on the thickness they will be ready in about 20 - 30 minutes. Just keep checking them after 20 minutes. They always come out nice and juicy.
You can use the juices to make a gravy if you want, or saute some mushrooms -yum. This always goes well with mashed potatoes and a good salad, and whatever veggie you've got. And rolls if you have them.

No comments: