Friday, March 16, 2007

Peanut Butter Confection

I tried to get away with not making a treat this week, but I couldn't do it! Who can resist chocolate and peanut butter? Not me! I made these with the kids this morning.
This recipe comes from my MIL's ward 1993 cookbook. Apparently this is a dessert the local elementary school would make for school lunches.

Peanut Butter Confection (school recipe)
submitted by Janet F. (Picture coming later)

1 c. peanut butter
3 Tbsp. soft butter or margarine
1 ½ c. powdered sugar
2 ½ c. Rice Krispies

Combine first 3 ingredients thoroughly. Mix in Rice Krispies using hands. Form into a long roll or press in bottom of buttered pan. Frost with melted dipping chocolate or a bag of milk chocolate chips, melted. Let set.

Emma's note: the chocolate chips take a lot longer to set, so they are definitely more messy, but they sure are yummy.

No comments: