Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Layered cookies

I made this for the ward Christmas party tonight. I didn't think bring week old cookies would be very good, but I didn't have much time. These are quick and soooo good. Faustin S* asked me for the recipe once and the S* family gave these out for their Christmas goodies one year. Try them!
I got the recipe from the FHE ideas on the Deseret Book website. They got the recipe from Lion House Recipes.

1/2 c. (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. shredded coconut
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
1 c. chopped nuts
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk

Melt butter in a 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients evenly over top in layers. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. After removing from oven immediately cut away from the sides. While still warm cut into squares.

I will melt the butter and mix in the graham cracker crumbs and press to form and even crust. I don't trust my sprinkling skills to be accurate.

No comments: