Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pork Chops and Rice

I made this for the boys and me the other night. I used Creole seasoning instead of Cajun, but they are pretty close. I reduced the recipe according to our needs. I only used a little seasoning and added more to mine, I didn't think the boys would like the spices. The Cajun seasoning tastes great! I also mixed the soup ans water before I put it in the pan. It's much smoother that way.

Pork Chops and Rice

3 center cut pork chops, bone-in
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 can water
1 tablespoons of vegetable oil
garlic powder
Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning (or equivalent)
garlic powder, to taste
1 cup rice

Heat oil on medium heat and brown pork chops.

When brown, drain oil and add can of soup. When can is empty, fill the can halfway with water and pour into pan and stir. If you want more gravy, you can add a little more water. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 30-45 minutes. If you simmer longer, the meat will be more tender. Mine fall off the bone!

Adjust seasonings as it cooks. Taste occasionally; add more garlic powder and Tony's to the gravy while it simmers.

Cook 1 cup rice as directed on package. You can use Minute Rice if you prefer.

Serve together and pour gravy over rice.


No comments: