Saturday, December 15, 2007

Turkey Chili

I usually go for old standbys when I'm cooking for just me and the boys. But tonight I tried this. It was pretty good, but I would add more spices. It didn't have much of a kick. But the boys ate it. We topped it with a little sour cream and shredded cheddar. I put my changes into the recipe. The original is in the link.
Turkey Chili

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1/2 c. onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
  • 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, or to taste
  • 1 c. beef broth
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder, or to taste
  • 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
Place turkey and bell pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook until turkey is evenly brown. Mix in beans, tomatoes, corn and broth. Season with cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes. Add more broth if you want a more liquid chili.

No comments: