Sunday, April 15, 2007

Breadsticks

I pretty much stole this from my MIL. It's yummy, and has lots of butter! It's also easy to halve. These are better fresh. So if it's for just our family I'll use a smaller pan and halve it, so we don't end up throwing so much away. But we had company today so we made the whole thing. I forgot to get pictures though!

1 1/2 c. warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. flour
1/2 c. butter or margarine
Garlic salt
Parmesan cheese, grated
Parsley (my addition)

Dissolve the yeast in the water. Add remaining ingredients. Knead for 3 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Melt butter on a cookie sheet over low heat.
Roll dough on lightly floured surface and cut into strips (I cut them once across the long way and then cut strips the other direction).
Dip in butter and turn over and arrange on pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Let raise for 30 minutes. Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes.

No comments: